It was another hot one out there today with another packed house of Who Dats. A little later down the road I should have a photo gallery up but until then these are a few things that caught my eye today at camp.
- Marques Colston, Devin Breaux, Akiem Hicks, Broderick Bunkley and Kenny Vacarro were among some of the notables that did not practice
- As it looks now Dannell Ellerbe and David Hawthorne are getting the snaps at inside linebacker with the 1st unit
- Edwin Baker, Khiry Robinson, Jalen Saunders, CJ Spiller, Marcus Murphy, RJ Harris, Josh Morgan and Brandin Cooks all got work returning punts and kicks
- Vinnie Sunseri getting reps with the 1st unit in place of Vacarro and makes a nice pass break up over the middle intended for Ben Watson
- Brandin Cooks looking good again today, this time on a deep ball he out leaps Damian Swann to make the grab
- Ben Watson is having another good outing today, this time making a nice grab on a medium out route
- You can’t teach speed as Terrance Frederick found out as he is left in the dust on a Brandin Cooks deep ball
- Mike Golic Jr with a bad snap to Garrett Grayson
- Jack Tabb the undrafted TE from NC showing he can get deep too with a nice grab
- Kenny Phillips and SJB working primarily with the 2nd unit
- Josh Morgan continues to get a lot of action, this time Brees finds him over the middle…he was targeted a lot today
- Anthony Spencer is rotating in with the 1st unit
- Ryan Griffin had a rough day, he over threw a few and some plays he wasn’t on the same page as the wide outs
- Josh Morgan again with a nice catch, this time sliding to make the grab from a throw by McCown
The Saints crank up their two minute drill
- Kenny Phillips, Tyeler Davidson and Anthony Spencer seeing time with the 1st unit
- Keenan Lewis has a nice pass break up
- Ben Watson with a catch – Kenny Phillips with the coverage
- Damian Swann with the obvious pass interference on Brandon Coleman – speaking of, you can tell he’s really worked on his hands – he isn’t dropping much
- Ryan Griffin finds Josh Hill for a short TD pass with Ramon Humber in coverage
- Rafael Bush with the jump ball deep interception intended for Seantavious Jones, Jones is hurt on the play – looks like me may have came down awkwardly on his ankle, he did walk back to the sidelines though.
- Josh Morgan with another catch
- Jalen Saunders with a great over the shoulders deep side line catch – not sure if he stayed in bounds though
- Luke McCown would have been sacked by a blitzing Pierre Warren
- You can tell Payton is fired up with this hurry up drill – barking commands all over the place
- Brandin Cooks with a blown coverage catch – he had all day to run down the sidelines
- PJ Williams had blanket coverage on a long ball to Brandin Cooks – really nice job
- Another defensive blown coverage, this time to a medium route over the middle to Brandon Coleman
- Damian Swann with a diving pass break up with the pass intended for Jalen Saunders
And just like that practice was over. It was really a relaxed atmosphere out there today until things got heated up in the last half hour or so, as always they worked on a lot of special teams and a lot of individual drills.
I will be back out there again tomorrow so until then….WHO DAT!